Skip to content
Go to Top
1. Membership is open to all those with a materials science related qualification or have an interest in materials science.
2. Biannual newsletter on news and events on materials science activities in the five regions of Africa (Northern, Southern, East, West, Central) and outside Africa.
3. Information on available materials science related research funding opportunities.
4. Annual MRS free membership on attending biennial AMRS conference.
5. Reduced registration fees apply to AMRS members to attend AMRS-sponsored conferences and workshops.
6. Annual award recognizing outstanding materials scientists.
7. Support for post graduate students to attend biennial AMRS conferences.
8. AMRS fosters and encourages student participation in events of interests to Materials Scientists such as Young Materials Scientists Events, research colloquia, postgraduate symposia.
9. Access to information on materials fabrication and characterization related companies and their events.
10. Opportunities for members to network with industry, government and development partners.